Hello and thank you for considering us for your employment.
TraffiCorp is seeking qualified individuals that can perform prompt, dependable & friendly traffic management for the protection of our partners and community members in work zones.
WHY WE THINK YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE: We hope you will feel respected and valued for what you bring to the TraffiCorp team. We will try our best to offer you the flexibility to attend to family matters as necessary and feel encouraged to come up with your own ideas and to provide input to the team to better our Services, Relationships, and Communities. We desire for you to feel motivated, inspired, and fulfilled working with us as we hope you choose us for your employment.
You can expect a competitive wage and reliable paychecks weekly when you work for TraffiCorp.
Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations and other areas of their life.
Once qualified, the range of benefits can include health care, Davis Bacon Retirement, and dental care.
(Colonial Health supplemental policy eligible after 30 days of employment.)
The job of a Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) is to ensure that pedestrians and automobiles do not interfere with a construction project. As a (TCS), your duties are to direct or divert pedestrian and vehicle traffic to ensure the safety of the workers in the work zone as well as the safety of those passing through and do so with a clear and positive attitude,
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly and the ability to move/travel long distances within work zones.
• Possesses strong problem-solving and communication skills to understand specific needs in the work zone.
• Ability to read and understand instructions, plans, and maps of work zone locations.
• Flexibility to work varying shifts, including nights and some weekends.
• Excellent attendance and dependable transportation required.
• Valid driver’s license required. ATSSA or Evergreen Flagger Certification
• Must be 18 years or older
1. High School Diploma; or up to 2 years (2000 hours) of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Valid driver’s license, certification for Flagger & Traffic Control Supervisor by ATSSA or Evergreen Safety Council.
3. 2 years of experience working in a Supervisor environment preferred.
4. Excellent judgment; strong sense of urgency and unyielding integrity/ethics.
5. Proven history of honoring commitments.
6. Proven ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment; team player.
7. Ability to load and unload equipment from truck independently.
8. Ability to read, implement and adjust traffic plans; communicate recommendations.
9. Excellent time management, organizational and multitasking skills; heavy attention to detail required.
10. Keep daily work logs, time sheets and accurate inventory logs in compliance with contractors, agencies and company policy.
11. Ability to conduct oneself in a manner that promotes a professional atmosphere and ensure that the encounter with both internal and external customers is an above average experience.
12. Set up barricades/cones and related signage to provide a safe flagging work environment for our partners in the work zone.
13. Driving to and from designated work zones with all equipment necessary to provide a safe work zone.
14. Document and communicate with dispatch, operations, and customers with regards to equipment utilized and proper location of set-up.
15. Maintain job sites and equipment to ensure the highest quality set-ups and also maintain the Traffic Management Professionals way.
16. Be able to make field adjustments and corrections to make the project safe for the customer, municipality, motoring public, and pedestrians going through the work zone.
17. Perform pre and post-trip vehicle/equipment inspections.
18. Possess and wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) equipment.
PPE Equipment includes Boots that cover the ankles, Type 3 Reflective Vest, Hard Hat, Eye Protection, Gloves, and any other necessary equipment required.
(Some PPE provided).
WORK ZONE ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
During a typical day/night while performing your job duties, you can expect to be exposed to:
1. Working in live traffic on the roadways.
2. Moving equipment at a fast pace in order to get the work zone established in a timely manner.
3. Outside weather conditions throughout the year, including extreme heat and cold.
4. Loud noises.
5. Pedestrian traffic.
6. Demanding customers, inspectors, and others involved with the work zone.
7. Constant physical activity; entering and exiting vehicles, climbing onto work trucks, twisting and bending.
If you are up for an exciting career with us please apply at link provided.
We look forward to having you join our family of Traffic Management Professionals and help build our community we all love and enjoy.
Your application was submitted successfully.